Monday, December 8, 2008

The Village


Another fun thing at Christmas is putting up my Dept 56 Snow Village.
Every year I HATE lugging all the boxes from the basement and vow we can do without the "village". Every year I (and whoever is nice enough to help) spend a couple of hours putting it together. Every year when it is done I LOVE it until I have to get the boxes...and always ask can't we just leave it up??????? Thank you to my helpers.
We hide a flamingo...Can you find it???? I'ts not the Big one by the motel! Take a peek
p.s. it might help if you click on the pictures to enlarge them





3 comments:

Robyn said...

I love your village! Even more I would love to see it in real life. If I only had the space (and the money), it would be my dream to collect something of value (sentimental as well as $$) unlike stupid Pottery?
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

LOVE,
ROBYN

melissa said...

my mom is alway bugging me to pick a department 56 line so i can start my collection. They are all so cute I can't decide!

Robyn said...

I got thinking and wondered how much does your Rocky Mt. Power bill go up during the Holidays? (Joke) At our place it would blow a breaker. I keep coming back to your blog just to look at the Village! I love it.
Merry Ho Ho Ho!