Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Make your own pizza. Yummy

Pizza Dough
1 c. and 2 T. Hot tap water
2 T. Olive oil or vegetable oil
3 c. flour (enough so dough is not sticky, but can be rolled out and handled easily)
1 t. sugar
3 t. salt
2 ½ t. yeast

Make sure you add the Hot tap water, yeast and sugar together. Allow to grow 5 minutes. Then slowly add the flour one cup at a time until each cup as been incorporated, and add the salt after the first cup of flour. Touch dough to make sure it is soft and bouncy to the touch. Mix and let rise until it doubles in size.
For more Italian flavor add basil and garlic powder to the dough. Roll out like regular pizza dough. Shape into any shape desired. Best to bake on cooking stones.

Fettuccini Alfredo Pizza
1 Pizza dough recipe
1 c. ranch dressing
1 t. garlic cloves, minced
2 t. basil
½ c. shredded Parmesan Cheese
Chicken or sausage
Green onions
Vegetables (Mushrooms, Zucchini, yellow squash, onions, etc.), diced or cut thin
Tomatoes diced small (optional)
Artichokes(optional)
Mozzarella Cheese
Fresh or dried parsley for garnish

Preheat pizza stone at 400 degrees. Roll out crust, place on cooking stone. Mix ranch, parmesan, basil and garlic in a bowl. Spread mixture over crust. Sauté meat and vegetables together until soft. Put sauce on dough, put meat mixture on top and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 400 until golden brown.
This recipe comes from www.myfoodstoragedeals.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Traci said...

That sounds really tasty! Maybe I will get adventurous and try it!

Debbie said...

Did you mix it by hand??

One and Jenny Taumoepeau said...

I always love new dinner ideas! I will have to try it!!!

One and Jenny Taumoepeau said...

I always love new dinner ideas! I will have to try it!!!

Anonymous said...

I used the kitchen aid mixer with the dough hook.... my hands get tired!!!! Still can't do bread though...

melissa said...

We just bought a pizza pan from Williams Sonoma....I will have to try this!